BURNIN' BEAK KILLER KABOBS
One of the greatest joys of summertime grillin' is the quick and easy kabob.
Take your favorite meat and veggies, marinate with our special marinade, feed the chunky pieces onto wooden skewers and grill. Towards the end of cooking time, brush on some Burnin' Beak Pepper Jelly.
The pepper jelly adds the finishing touch giving the kabobs a sweet, tangy, spicy glaze that will have your mouth watering for more!
And, if you don't have wooden skewers, take-out chop sticks work great.
Imagine juicy beef, chicken or pork marinated then seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika grilled to perfection with sides of rice pilaf and roasted beets. Or, chose your own sides.
After all, it's really about the kabobs.
FOOD AND WINE PAIRINGS
The perfect wine pairing would depend on the type of meat served.
Generally, beef is matched with a more robust wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Red Zinfandel. Chicken goes well with a medium-bodied Merlot or fruity Sauvignon Blanc. Pork pairs with Pinot Noir, Red Zinfandel and Chianti nicely.
Serves 4 - 4 oz meat each
2 small red bell peppers, cut in 2 inch pieces
1 medium sweet onion, peeled and cut into wedges
2 cups whole fresh mushrooms
1 lb beef sirloin, skinless, boneless chicken breast or pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
1. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the special marinade.
2. Place beef, chicken or pork in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over the meat. Seal and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
4. Thread the pieces of meat and vegetables onto wooden skewers, leaving a small space between items. Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Discard marinade.
5. Lightly oil the grill and grill skewers for 10-15 minutes, turning as needed, until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
6. Brush some pepper jelly onto the meat and vegetables during the last 5 minutes of cook time.