Pigs In A Cheesy Pepper Jelly Blanket
Burnin' Beak Pigs In A Cheesy Pepper Jelly Blanket
Classic people-pleasing appetizer! Pigs in a Blanket are a fun, delicious, handy appetizer to serve at any gathering. Add cheese and they become even more delicious. Dip them in Burnin' Beak pepper jelly and they turn addictive!
Salty, sweet, savory and spicy combine for a knock-out, party poppin' treat!
1 - 8 oz can refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 - 12 oz package mini cocktail wieners (30 wieners)
1 lb. block cheddar cheese, cut widthwise into 1/2 inch pieces then cut into smaller pieces to fit size of wieners
1 egg, beaten
1 T water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll can of dough and separate the dough into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 2 long triangles.
2. Place wiener on widest side of triangle. Add a slice of cheese alongside wiener. Roll wiener, cheese and dough to the pointed end at opposite side of dough.
3. Place pointed end down on un-greased baking sheet with at least an inch of space between each for dough to expand.
4. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water together. Brush egg wash on top of dough.
5. Place baking sheet on rack in center of oven for 12-15 minuted until golden brown, rotating baking sheet halfway through cooking time.
4. Remove from oven and place wieners onto a serving platter. Serve warm alongside some Burnin' Beak pepper jelly for dipping.