Tasty Tuna Patties
BURNIN' BEAK TUNA PATTIES
Tuna fish in a can, a handy staple in your pantry. You could make a classic tuna fish sandwich or you could fancy it up a bit adding only a few other ingredients and make patties for a protein packed, delicious entree.
Adding Burnin' Beak pepper jelly to the mixture as well as to the top really elevates this simple main course meal. Serve them with some sliced marinated cucumbers or a refreshingly crisp side salad for a healthy, light, satisfying weeknight dinner.
You can cook these patties either in an air fryer or a stove-top skillet.
Makes 4 patties. This recipe can be doubled or tripled for more patties.
12 oz tuna (water or oil-packed)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup yellow sweet onion, finely chopped
2 T parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup Burnin' Beak pepper jelly (your favorite flavor) plus more for serving
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup bread crumbs or Panko
2 T avocado oil, separated
1. Add the tuna to a large bowl. Stir in the onions and fresh parsley.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, 1/4 cup Burnin' Beak pepper jelly and 1 T of the oil.
3. Add the liquid mixture to the tuna mixture and stir together. Add the bread crumbs or Panko. Use your hands to combine gently. Be careful not to over mix.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, about 1/2 cup each. Shape into 4 patties, each about 1 inch thick.
5. If using an air fryer, heat it to 375 degrees. Coat basket of air fryer with 1 T oil. Cook patties for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time. If using a skillet, add 1 T oil and heat over medium heat. Gently lay patties in skillet. Cook about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through.
6. Serve warm on a buttered bun with an additional spread of Burnin' Beak on top.
(Option: serve patties atop a spring salad dressed with Burnin' Beak Vinaigrette)
If you like this recipe, you might also like: