Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Brownies
BURNIN' BEAK CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY SWIRL BROWNIES
Who doesn't like chocolate, right? I know people who only eat milk chocolate or who prefer dark or white chocolate but I don't know anyone who doesn't like chocolate.
And brownies...they are a universally-loved treat. Oooey, gooey, cake-like consistency, they are beloved by young and old alike.
Plus, if you make a swirl sauce with Burnin' Beak Habanero Pepper Jelly and fresh raspberries and add it to the batter, you have pure bliss!
1 box of your favorite brownie mix
Mix brownie ingredients according to package directions and
pour into a buttered or oiled 13 x 9 inch pan. Set aside.
Next comes the Raspberry Swirl.
2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup Burnin' Beak Habanero Marmalade
1/4 cup water
3 T honey
1. Place the swirl ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour it into a fine-mesh strainer placed over a bowl and press the mixture through with the back of a wooden spoon to extract the liquid leaving the seeds in the strainer. Be sure to scrape the underside of the strainer to get all the delicious liquid.
3. Discard the seeds and place the extracted liquid in a small saucepan.
4. Simmer over low heat until it has the consistency of thick molasses. Remove from the heat and pour small tablespoons full of the swirl over the brownie batter.
5. Take a knife and slowly draw it through the batter gently incorporating the swirl into the batter.
6. Sprinkle the top of the batter with coarse salt, if desired.
7. Bake as directed on the brownie mix box.
Servings - 12 large or 24 small
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Habanero Pepper Jelly
Melted Butter and Habanero Pepper Jelly over Popped Corn