Corn On The Cob With Pepper Jelly Glaze
BURNIN' BEAK CORN ON THE COB WITH PEPPER JELLY GLAZE
Corn on the cob is such a wonderful summer vegetable. Its sweet, juicy kernels are a welcome addition to backyard picnics, barbecues and all kinds of summer gatherings with friends and family. So delicious paired with your favorite burger.
There are many ways to cook corn on the cob but we think this is the absolute easiest and most delicious way because not only does the oven do all the cooking but since the corn is protected by the husk as it's cooking, the kernels retain all their moisture and delicious juice.
The only other step to this recipe is to make a simple sauce in a small sauce pan. Combine the sauce ingredients and drizzle onto the cooked corn. Enjoy!
Wondering about the health benefits of fresh corn? Corn is rich in vitamin C, magnesium and B vitamins and high in fiber making it a heathy and nutritious choice.
3 T salted butter or Earth Balance spread
1/2 cup Burnin' Beak Pepper Jelly, any flavor or heat level
1/8 tsp salt
2 ears of corn on the cob, husks on, rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Simmer the first three ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat for about 5-10 minutes until thickened. Set aside.
3. Roast the corn in the preheated oven for 30 - 35 minutes
4. Remove the cobs from the oven and let cool a few minutes so you can handle the corn without burning your hands. Carefully (hot steam will be released) remove and discard the husks and silk.
5. Brush or drizzle the glaze onto the hot corn
For more than two cobs, multiply the glaze ingredients accordingly.
Servings - 2
If you like this recipe, you might also like: