Glazed Brussels Sprouts With Pepper Jelly, Oranges and Bacon
Burnin' Beak Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Pepper Jelly, Oranges and Bacon
*Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
Sweet oranges, slightly smoky bacon and pepper jelly combine in this recipe to produce caramelized Brussels sprouts that are so addictive!
Using small, thin-skinned oranges works best because you're going to want to eat the whole fruit, peel and all.
1 sheet pan, 5 ingredients (plus salt) and about 30 minutes of cooking time yield an amazingly delicious side dish. It's so good you may want to make it your main course meal.
1/3 cup avocado or peanut oil
2 small oranges, cut in half then into 1/2 inch slices
3 strips bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces (@ 1 cup)
1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
2-4 T Golden Ghost pepper jelly depending on desired sweetness
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a rimmed baking sheet generously with oil. Add orange slices in a single layer. Season with salt and drizzle with 1 T oil.
2. Roast 15 minutes. Add bacon and roast until crisp, about 12 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with remaining 4 T oil and a sprinkle of salt. Add to baking sheet; toss to combine.
4. Roast, turning the sprouts after 10 minutes, until tender and browning at edges, about 10-15 minutes total.
5. Carefully add sprouts, oranges and bacon to a large bowl. Add the Golden Ghost pepper jelly and gently toss to coat.
6. Serve immediately.