PEANUT BUTTER PEPPER JELLY COOKIES
Burnin' Beak Peanut Butter & Pepper Jelly Cookies
Such a classic combo, peanut butter and jelly. We all grew up with the sandwich - simple, tasty, satisfying, nutritious.
Now you can enjoy it in cookie form with a touch of sweet, tangy and spicy heat! There are a few steps to this recipe but it is well worth the time. If you like peanut butter and pepper jelly, you will be craving these beauties. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Adapted from a recipe from Cookies And Cups.
1 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter, divided
1/4 cup Burnin' Beak Pepper Jelly, any flavor or heat level
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup peanut butter chips, plus more for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Line a plate with parchment paper. Measure out 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Divide the peanut butter into 15 - 3/4 tsp dollops and place onto prepared plate. Place plate in freezer while you prepare the cookie dough.
3. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over a mini-muffin tin. Divide the pepper jelly into 15 portions onto the plastic wrap so the pepper jelly fits into the mini-muffin tins. Place in freezer until ready to assemble cookies.
4. In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of peanut butter and the butter with a hand mixer until smooth. Add both types of sugar, the egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt until combined. Add the flour and mix well. Stir in the peanut butter chips.
5. Using a large cookie scoop or 1/4 cup measure, portion out the dough (about 15 portions) about 2 inches apart onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Remove the pepper jelly and peanut butter dollops from the freezer.
6. Make a large well in the cookie dough. Place a pepper jelly dollop then a peanut butter dollop into each cookie well. Form the dough carefully around the jelly and peanut butter dollops sealing it in. If working in batches, place the frozen pepper jelly and peanut butter dollops back in freezer between batches.
7. Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookie edges are light brown and the tops start to crack.
8. Remove from the oven, lightly press additional peanut butter chips into the tops of the cookies and sprinkle with a touch of coarse salt.
9. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes: 15 large cookies
Total time: about 30 mins
If you like this recipe, you might also like: