BURNIN' BEAK JUICY SCALLOPS (OR SHRIMP) WITH LIME SAUCE
Take delicate, slightly sweet, meaty and juicy scallops (or shrimp), wrap them in prosciutto and drizzle them with a tangy pepper jelly lime sauce and you have a winner dinner!
The complex flavors of this recipe can stand up to any heat level of the Habanero Pepper Jelly.
And, scallops and shrimp are readily available in the frozen foods section of most grocery stores.
Once you try this recipe, you'll be coming back to it time and time again because it's one of the quickest and most delicious recipes EVER!
Also, this lime sauce could be used drizzled over sliced avocado, or as a dipping sauce for egg rolls or wontons.
FOOD AND WINE PAIRINGS
A nice chardonnay, pinot noir or Beaujolais would be an excellent match for this recipe.
Sides could include roasted asparagus or sautéed green peas and rice pilaf.
1/2 cup Burnin' Beak Habanero Pepper Jelly
1 T minced lime zest
3 T fresh lime juice
8 slices prosciutto
8 sea scallops, rinsed and feet removed (or extra large shrimp - raw, peeled and deveined)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine the first three ingredients. Set aside.
2. Preheat a grill to medium-high or a broiler to high.
3. Fold each prosciutto slice in half lengthwise. Wrap one around the side of each scallop (or around the shrimp) and secure with a toothpick.
4. Brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Grill or broil, turning once, until opaque and nicely browned, @ 3-4 minutes per side.
6. Serve with lime sauce drizzled on top.
Servings - 3 appetizer or 2 dinner portions
If you like this recipe, you might also like: