BURNIN' BEAK ROASTED SALMON WITH PEPPER JELLY GLAZE
Fresh salmon, one of the world's most delicious fish, has an oily, rich flavor and turns flaky and moist when perfectly roasted. It's the perfect foundation for a sweet, tart, rosemary infused glaze.
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Great Source of Protein
- High in B Vitamins
- Good Source of Potassium
- Loaded With Selenium
- May Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
- May Benefit Weight Control
Quick, easy and delicious, this recipe calls for a simple pan sauce and roasting the salmon in the oven. That's it!
FOOD AND WINE PAIRINGS
Serve with roasted asparagus or Brussels sprouts and steamed brown rice for a delectable dinner meal. Pair with a rich white wine like Pinot Gris or a light red wine like Pinot Noir.
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced or dried, crumbled
1/3 cup Burnin' Beak habanero marmalade
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
4 - 4 oz salmon fillets
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 scallions, sliced
1. In a 1 quart sauce pan over med-high heat, combine
rosemary, marmalade, balsamic vinegar and
2. Simmer, stirring often, until reduced
to 1/2 cup.
3. Rinse salmon and pat dry. Lay skin-side down in a lightly-oiled shallow pan. Lightly salt and generously pepper salmon.
4. Bake salmon in a 400 degree oven until fish is opaque, about 8-15 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon.
5. Serve sauce over salmon fillets. Top with scallions.
Servings - 4
If you like this recipe, you might also like these: