Roasted Salmon With Pepper Jelly Glaze
BURNIN' BEAK ROASTED SALMON WITH PEPPER JELLY GLAZE
This January 2023, we're revisiting this powerhouse recipe. Not only is it quite scrumptious, it's loaded with healthful nutrients: heart-healthy omega-3s, vitamins and minerals.
Easy to prepare with just a few ingredients, you'll have dinner on the table in no time flat. Roast the salmon in the oven, make the simple sauce, drizzle and serve. That's it!
This recipe calls for either Mild Habanero Pepper Jelly or Hot Habanero Pepper Jelly but any pepper jelly flavor would work really well especially the Golden Ghost Pepper Jelly with its lemon zest right in the jar.
Fresh salmon, one of the world's most popular and delicious fish, has a rich flavor and turns flaky and moist when roasted. It's the perfect foundation for a sweet, tart, rosemary infused glaze.
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Great Source of Protein
- High in B Vitamins
- Good Source of Potassium
- Loaded With Selenium
Serve the salmon with sauteed asparagus, broccoli or Brussels sprouts and steamed brown rice for a delectable, nutritional, low-fat New-Year's-resolution or any time of year dinner meal.
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced or 1/2 tsp dried, crumbled
1/3 cup Burnin' Beak Mild, Hot or Golden Ghost pepper jelly
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced into cut into 1/2 moons
4 - 4 oz salmon fillets
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 scallions, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.2. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine rosemary, pepper jelly, balsamic vinegar and red onion.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, rinse salmon and pat dry. Lay skin-side down in a lightly-oiled shallow pan. Lightly salt and generously pepper salmon.
5. Bake salmon until fish is opaque, about 8-15 minutes, depending on thickness.
6. Drizzle sauce over salmon fillets. Top with scallions.
Servings - 4
If you like this recipe, you might also like these: